Saturday, 29 April 2017

Zuckerberg mentions a Facebook murder video at F8

At the F8 annual developer conference on Tuesday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg made a summary mention of a murder video posted on Facebook, saying the company will do everything to avoid such tragedies.

"We have a lot of work, and we will continue to do everything possible to prevent tragedies from happening," Zuckerberg told Stage F8, the annual Facebook developer conference.

"Our hearts are for the family and friends of Robert Godwin Sr." Zuckerberg added.

He opened his speech with jokes about Fast and the Furious. He spoke briefly about building the community before addressing the murder of Cleveland, CNN reported.

On Sunday, Steve Stephens, 37, murdered an elderly man in Cleveland, Ohio, and then posted a crime video on Facebook.

The shooter, who appeared to choose his victim at random, also said he had killed 12 people in total and pledged to continue killing.

Stephens was found dead after a short police pursuit in the US state of Pennsylvania.

The news of his death broke out just an hour before the start of the conference.

Facebook was severely criticized for not removing the video from the murder for more than two hours.

"We know we have to do better," said Justin Osofsky, vice president of global operations at Facebook, in an article published Monday.

Facebook would have thousands of people reviewing content around the world.

"Once a content is reported by users as inappropriate, it is usually reviewed within 24 hours," the report said.

Previously, Mr. Zuckerberg had stated that Facebook was developing artificial information to improve the content of the flag on the site.

"This system already generates about a third of all reports to the team reviewing the content," Zuckerberg said.

No comments:

Post a Comment